Formatting

Term-X

2[H]4U
I am switching to Vista 64-Bit (from Windows XP Professional) and I am curious if there is anything I need to be aware of. I figure if I copy the F@H directory it should say my current WU progress, no?

I am switching to Vista 64-Bit (from Windows XP Professional) and I am curious if there is anything I need to be aware of. I figure if I copy the F@H directory it should say my current WU progress, no?

Yes.
Did you save your UserID from the registry ?
If not there is just a very slight risk that Stanford will loose the complete Work Unit if it goes to a collection server.

Folding can be a ***** to get running on Vista if not done right first time.
Dont install it into the "Program Files" folder.
Turn off UAC before running the Install.bat.
Make sure you install it while as a true Administrator.
Do all three and you should be ok.

Luck ............... :D

I have not formatted just yet as I am backing up some other files. Where is the registry entry located?

HKLM ->Software->PandreGroup->Folding@home. <-32 bit.
HKLM ->Software->Wow6432node->PandreGroup->Folding@home. <-64 bit.
You need to copy the UserID value from the old to the new.

Just a slight warning.
Are you going to keep the old folding comp without formating it?
If you do then either wipe the UserID value from it once you have the new one working or reinstall useing MachineID 2.
It will stop the risk of two computers folding with exactly the same UserID + MachineID.

Luck .......... :D

It's going to be the same computer but I will be starting fresh, formatting and then installing Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. Thanks for the info on the registry, I was trying to search for instances of my actual UserID (Term-X) :mad: Was wondering why I couldnt find it, lol

Why not just wait until the box finishes a work unit, then start fresh with your new install?

Back