Forefront Client Security upgrade to Forefront Endpoint Protection

dbdawn

n00b
We are currently running Forefront Client Security. I was looking at upgrading to the new Forefront Endpoint Protection. Has anybody upgraded? What are the benefits/improvements over FCS besides the improved malware detection and intrusion prevention? The bummer is that you need SCCM or something like LMS from TrueSec to manage FEP.

I would hate to change to another AV product seeing we just switched to Forefront 1-2 years ago from Symantec.

If you don't know how to install, configure and administer SCCM, start reading ;) It is a beast.

FCS to FEP is not really an upgrade, but more of a remove and replace. FCS runs off of a GPO, and FEP runs off of SCCM + SQL + GPO.

Yes, I know SCCM is a beast :) That is why I am kinda hesitating to move to the new FEP offering. I would be hard pressed to find time right now to learn SCCM and another thing is I don't know if I can justify the cost to buy SCCM licenses. I am having a hard time understanding what benefits I would receive from implementing SCCM into our infrastructure.

I use it strictly for FEP... I know it has a multitude of things that it could be doing for me but I do not have the time to learn it.

Back