Forcing Vsync in BF 2/2142 on ATI?

Vlad_13

[H]ard|Gawd
Playing Battlefield 2142 on my Desktop I did not noticed tearing, (or maybe I forced vsync trough nVidia control panel... don't remember) but anyway when I installed this game on my laptop... tearing freaking stabs my eyes, its horrible! Being 1080p lcd with HD4650 (Catalyst 9.7) it shows big time.

How do I force the damn Vsync... I set it to Always On in CCC but no use, it's still off in game. And there no options or .ini that has vsync.

Last edited:
First I want to admit that it's been over a year since I've played the game but have you tried going into the game's console and typed "renderer.vsync 1"? IIRC you could make this a permanent setting by putting the command within your video.con file within your profile.

I have tried putting that command in to console but I would get UnauthorizedMethod error. It use to work in older versions but now it doesn't.

What exactly do i have to put in the video.con file in order Vsync to be on? "renderer.vsnc 1" ?? I think this command is only meant to be used in console tho....

No go... I have tried
VideoSettings.setVsync 1
VideoSettings.setUseVsync 1
VideoSettings.setVsync On

If it's Direct3D try D3Doverrider (bundled with rivatuner).

If it's Direct3D try D3Doverrider (bundled with rivatuner).

I herd D3Doveride makes Punkbuster all pissy and it kicks you, thinking you are using cheat software.

Hmm going to give it a try tho, but was hoping for something (a method) that is "cleaner" without any installs etc, as clean as possible... hopefully you know what I mean.

Freaking awesome, it worked! Vsync and trip. buffering FTW. Now it's smooth as a baby's bottom :)

Thanks man!

Off topic, I never knew that Triple Buffering ads more frames! (older GPUs, Mobile solution etc) I see 10-15 frames increase in every game I have on this lapy. X3TC +10FPS, BF2142 +15FPS, Mass Effect whooping 20FPS.

Loving it!

Back