Forceware 78.11 Betas

For all you guys without video, try checking "vmr" in video overlay settings. It's at the very bottom. Credit goes to a nice guy on the guru3d/driverheaven forums...one of em...it was late.

no there IS better picture quality. less glare etc. I like them fine and no problems so far.

Jodiuh said:
For all you guys without video, try checking "vmr" in video overlay settings. It's at the very bottom. Credit goes to a nice guy on the guru3d/driverheaven forums...one of em...it was late.

I'll reinstall these drivers and try that when I get home. Thanks!

I'm fairly skeptical too; anyone have some screenshots or FRAPS clips showing this new smoothness?

All of my pr0n also doesn't work. Pity because I think they are awesome in game.

These drivers fubared by video, I tried playing a DVD and everything got green, and fuzzy :(

I still haven't tried them yet, but has anyone been sucessfull with video playback yet? Tempted to just try, but I figure the are plenty of lab rats right now.

Shadow27 said:
All movies in media player don't play for me with these drivers. Games were fine though.

wow, I have the same problem. So, switch my driver all the way back to 71.89.

77.77 makes my computer stutter in 3d benchmark and 77.62 first causes my background to become all white (but someone was kinldy enough to help me fix that) but then I would get constant freeze in games. It seems only 71.89 work for my computer. I think i'll wait for the 80.xx drivers to switch again.

I got like 7600 in 3d mark 2005 with 77.77 now im down to 7160 with the new 78.11's.

Any Ideas why?

Better image quality? I danno..

Everyone screaming better quality has yet to list any frame rates at all or post any screen shots. You guys are robots hired by nvidia!

Dell released a new ForceWare driver today intended for their mobile quadro platform. In it's official form the driver did not support many GeForce graphics cards. This version includes a modified .inf file.
What the hell is that anyway. Dell drivers, c'mon... ehh I'm going to try these, and if I don't get better frame rates and loose my video play back.... I'm going to dropkick my mother.

Jodiuh said:

this solved my WMP problems, but I haven't checked VLC yet since I rarely use it anymore. Media Classic Player is so much better than VLC :p. thanks for the tip :).

Well I just installed these and tested them with the FEAR demo, Doom 3 and BF2. I see no real changes in image quality or measurable FPS. I also have full use of all of my WMP content, including all DIVX videos and such. So, I see no gains, but no losses either.

I went from 77.76 and the colors do seem better and the game "seems" to run slightly smoother... so i'm sticking with them!

Tazman2 said:
I went from 77.76 and the colors do seem better and the game "seems" to run slightly smoother... so i'm sticking with them!

I'm pretty much the same. To my mind IQ is completely subjective, as is relative smoothness in-game. The 77.77 whql drivers seemed a little choppy to me in BF2 and I found some problems in Source games with IQ not being as good as I had experienced with previous forceware releases. This set looked much better to me that the 77.77s and they run BF2 and Source games smoother on my SLI setup. I actually registered a slight fps drop in the CSS stress test, but going from 152 to 150 isnt much to worry about. :p

Im not having any video playback issues either, but I am having some problems alt-tabbing in BF2.

I don't see much of a difference in BF2 on my 7800GT. My video files play fine now which is a plus. Any idea if nVidia will be making these official or not? I still see 77.77 on their site.

pr0n = fine
BF2 + HQ = Almost no shimmering for me.

XFX 7800GTX / P4 3.06 Northwood / Albatron PX915P4 C / 2 Gigs Kingston Hyper X (4x512)

AAx4 AFx4 in Control Panel

Videos = play fine using the "Enable VMR" checkbox.
Americas Army 1600x1200 60-70 FPS with AA=2, AF=2, IQ=Quality, TB=On

ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe
EVGA 6800GT
1GB Geil DDR400

How much of a difference is there in BF2 between 4xAA/AF and 8x?

Im running the game at 1280x1024 with those settings and I see no difference between the 4 and 8. Looks the same TBH.

Also, how do I gain access to the console and is there a command to display the fps?

Image quality looks great with these drivers btw.

Where's the "Enable VMR checkbox"? Games run fine on these, but I get the black video playback issue like I did with the 77.72s.

can we get some results from someone with an nforce3 s754 board? did the stuttering/crash problems go away finally?

i like the 78.01's personally. I thought these 78.11s were out a while ago.

ikellensbro said:
Where's the "Enable VMR checkbox"? Games run fine on these, but I get the black video playback issue like I did with the 77.72s.

Look on the Video Overlay Settings tab at the bottom, it's named "Enable VMR".

takimbe said:
can we get some results from someone with an nforce3 s754 board? did the stuttering/crash problems go away finally?

My system is identical to yours except I have a 6800 ultra, 78.01 drivers are working fine for me with all games especially HL2 I get no sound sturering at all. I have no reason to try the 78.11 for now anyway.

:D :cool:

Look on the Video Overlay Settings tab at the bottom, it's named "Enable VMR".
I can't find it either. Here's what mine looks like:

Image1.jpg

animosity said:
Better image quality? I danno..

Everyone screaming better quality has yet to list any frame rates at all or post any screen shots. You guys are robots hired by nvidia!

What the hell is that anyway. Dell drivers, c'mon... ehh I'm going to try these, and if I don't get better frame rates and loose my video play back.... I'm going to dropkick my mother.
LOL.

Back