Forceware 61.72 borks Winfast TV2000?

spotpuff

Gawd
Just downloaded the new Forceware 61.72 and when I try to start my TV tuner's software up (leadtek winfast PVR) it crashes the comp (BSOD, STOP error).

Anyone else having this problem?

Strangely, with the older forceware (april 1st) version 56.xx, running the winfast tuner would sometimes crash explorer with an nvcpl.dll error... and now this. Maybe they just don't get along.

I am going to try reinstalling the software but I hold out little hope. Damn you Nvidia, first release in 3.5 months breaks my tuner :(

Those Leadtek drivers are shit. The ones included on the CD didn't work for me, I'd get similar problems to what your are describing. Getting the newest drivers and apps off Leadtek's site sort of fixed the problem. It crashed less. Eventually I returned the card because it was garbage. I had an Expert BTW.

the card works perfectly with my 9800XT

so i am guessing its not the TV card thats the issue...there must be a conflict between the 2 sets of hardware/drivers...

have you tried any other versions of the forceware driver?

Syphon Filter said:
the card works perfectly with my 9800XT

so i am guessing its not the TV card thats the issue...there must be a conflict between the 2 sets of hardware/drivers...

have you tried any other versions of the forceware driver?

the card works fine for me with forceware 56.72, it's just 61.76 that messes things up.

It was working fine for about 8 months now, but as soon as I upgraded to foreceware 61.76, boom, crashes as soon as PVR opens.

I reverted to the older driver and everything works fine now, but it's pissing me off that there's an issue with the first driver release nvidia bothered to make in 3.5 months.

glad its working now...

i didnt realise that NV were getting slow with driver releases....i have had an ATI card for several months and before that i had basically stopped updating the drivers for my old gf2 ages ago...

hopefully they will see the uptake of their new cards and the driver support will get better again...

Back