ForceFeedback necessary for flightsims ?

Emret

Limp Gawd
I'm in the market for a flightstick/throttle.. Looking at saitek x45 and x52 atm... neither of these have FFB though..

Ive never used FFB stick so I'm not sure if it makes alot of differeince in flight sims like it dies in ffb wheels for driving sims.

Any ideas?

If you've never used one, then you won't know what you're missing if you don't get one. On the other hand, after the first FFB stick I bought, I could NEVER go back to one without it. Go for it, it's definatly worth it. If you don't like it, take it back. :cool:

I agree, once you try a GOOD force feedback stick in a flight sim, you will have a hard time going back.. Though I do sometimes turn Force feedback off in certain sims, when I need more precise flying to get the mission completed.

Its a gimmick. I tried it once and its not realistic or immersive at all. In fact its rather distracting. The only FFB Device I've ever liked was my Logitech Formula Force Wheel.

RookieCAF said:
Its a gimmick. I tried it once and its not realistic or immersive at all. In fact its rather distracting. The only FFB Device I've ever liked was my Logitech Formula Force Wheel.

Guess it's a matter of individual preference..

To the OP; If you have a freind/relative that has one, ask them to borrow it, and decide if you like it or not..

I find force feedback to be helpful, with out it i jerk the joystick around alot which makes everything to fast and spastic, with force feedback all my movements are hard but smooth with lots of pressure on the stick. This is my experience with force feedback everyone else might have different experience and opinions tho.

I guess it could help the ham fisted out there, but I've been doing flight sims forever (F15 Strike Eagle on my Atari 800) and cut my realistic sim teeth on SVGA Air Warrior. Small movements are all you need.

I miss my Thrustmaster ProFCS with the 20 Pound springs :(

Back