• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Force flash QLE3242 into QLE8242?

dgingeri

2[H]4U
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Messages
2,830
My last company was a major partner with Qlogic, and we got a lot of Qlogic hardware for free (testing samples) when it first came out, even hardware that we didn't use in our products. However, many of these devices we didn't use in our products were basically the same card as things we did use, so our engineers would frequently take those samples and reflash the firmware to make them into cards we would be able to use.

Well, because of our partnership, I was able to get some QLE3242 10Gb NICs for cost, as they were being clearanced out in favor of new models. These are the exact same PCB and controller chip as the QLE8242, which has iSCSI and FCoE offload functions that the 3242 doesn't have. I know there is a way to force flash the 8242 firmware onto the 3242, but I never had the chance to ask our engineers, as I got laid off last March.

I am hoping someone here has that knowledge. Does anyone here know how to reflash a QLE3242 into a QLE8242?
 
Back
Top