Force Flash Drives to be Secure

sully127

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
188
I haven't been around in a long time and am glad to see that the forum is still doing well.

I have a question for you guys...

Have any of you ever come across a way to disallow USB devices (or, specifically, flash drives) that don't meet a certain criteria? We're trying to find a way to restrict users from using flash drives unless they are ones which we provide. I'm thinking there should be a way to put some kind of fingerprint like a file or a key on the devices that we issue, and without that fingerprint, the client's workstations wouldn't allow the drive to be used.

So far, I've come up blank in my searches. If this isn't something that exists, it should be; I think there are a number of companies that would pay for such a solution.
 
Last edited:
single AD domain, Windows shop, primarily still XP, but some 7 thrown in

Looking for something along those lines, but how to make a single exception to it like restrict all usb devices unless it is on an approved list
 
Back
Top