• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Force BIOS to boot from onboard controller NOT raid card

HalfJawElite

Weaksauce
Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
111
Hey everyone,

I got a bit of an issue. Recently added a couple of SSD's to my home rig for some added speed and space. I'm currently rocking an ASUS Crosshair 5 Formula motherboard with 6 Corsair Force 3 GT's in a RAID 0 config on the onboard AMD RAID chipset. Because of this setup I had to buy a controller card for my two 1TB WD Caviar's in the system so I can have storage for my games and other files. The card I purchased is the StarTech PEXESAT3221 PCI-E 1x 2 port SATA 3 card. The problem I have run into is that with the drives connected to my controller card the ASUS BIOS will not initialize or detect the RAID 0 on the AMD chipset. I'm wondering if there is a way to force the BIOS to load and detect the RAID configured so I can boot to my Windows installation and use my system. Any advice would be useful.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top