For those who uses HP, do you remove HP SUpport Asst. & Performance Advisor?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
How many of you remove HP Performance Advisor as well as HP Support Assistant off your computer?

If so, do you have problems w/ your HP afterwards?

It depends on if i remember to run it when i install windows....though when it is installed i remember to check it every once and a while...

edit: to be more specific that is for Support assistant, for Performance whatever it is i install that allt he time and use it daily to go to my "class" setting and then my "normal" setting...

The only HP "assistant" I allow on my tm2 is the Wireless Assistant, which is the only way for me to enable/disable Bluetooth.

I usually wipe everything off, unless for example it enables a feature, that windows can't do by itself. But otherwise Off it goes.

See, that's just it. Ea. time it run this B.S. called HP Tune up, my computer got wacky afterwards. I notice the pattern back last year. When I call HP, they are not forthcoming as to what that software does.

I then chat w/ some1 else who uses my exact same model series, he took it out.

Format with an OEM disc, I never think twice about it. I just ordered four more HP's for work + Crucial M4's :)

They don't like AHCI mode though. :(

I remove all HP softwares. They are totally useless.

This. There is no reason to keep any of that shit, Windows already does everything by itself. You guys should debloat your systems of any HP software.

This. There is no reason to keep any of that shit, Windows already does everything by itself. You guys should debloat your systems of any HP software.

Full ack. HP's software, especially on home PCs is worse than no software at all. Some of the Pavilion series are actually pretty decent computers - but they are turned into bat shit with the software that comes preinstalled. Same goes for most non-business class printers from HP. Installing additional HP printer software for home equipment actually removed the ability to print from my network - in addition to screwing up the old floppy disk drive in one of the machines (I mean: how on earth is that even possible?!)

To sum it up: If you buy HP home equipment, you're usually best off performing a full manuall reset (as in full format and clean install). But if you want to have an experience that is similarly pleasing as inhaling a blowfish, please enjoy your HP home software ;):D

We pretty much only buy HP computers. The first thing I do when I pull it out of the box is to drop a WinXP Volume license disc in and wipe the whole damn drive. So yes, we remove HP Support Assistant.

Back