For those who are new to Steam, I want to know if Steam is sucking me dry

this whole thing on PC games is rig in the manufacturer's favor. It's totally unfair. You bought a copy of Corel Word Perfect, say you sell your PC a yr. down the road, you can sell the software. The same should applies to gaming software

I can't think of any major software that you can sell these days. It typically all has some type of account. I suppose for most you can change emails associated with the software or give the buyer your login info.

I bought Nero 2017 just last year on a CD-ROM. ACDSee ver. 12 is on a serial no. So is Corel WordPerfect ver. X9.

I bought Nero 2017 just last year on a CD-ROM. ACDSee ver. 12 is on a serial no. So is Corel WordPerfect ver. X9.

Nero? I haven't heard that name in around a decade. Of course it is on a disc, Nero is (or used to be) software for burning discs. Most computers from the past 7-8 years don't have disc drives. Probably around 2012 is when disc drives fell out of favor for the typical computer. Been about a decade since I had one myself.

Dealing with discs isn't worth the hassle, I'd rather get a large HDD and put my data on that.

Steam games are licensed to you personally. You can install them on multiple rigs if you have more than one. Game's yours no matter how many times you change hardware.

You can game real cheap on Steam if you're willing to live in the past. Just do like my dad does and don't buy anything until a couple of years after it came out. Eventually they almost always release a final/ultimate/etc. edition that includes all the DLC and bug fixes. Then they put it on sale. Dad's 69 and has more patience than most of us here, but he still games. Tends to go for strategy games and RPGs you can get through playing stealth.
hey, I have no problem with that. I play most likely top-down or side view arcade, I can go w/ older games. Nothing wrong w/ older games. I have this marbles game called Logical, still very attractive eventhough it's decades old

You can get the Augmented Steam extension to show on sale prices directly on the steam page.

simple, I have been playing bubble witch 2 saga for quite a few years, but Kings kill the game for those who play on a PC. They only allows people to play on ipad and cellular phone. So after I get to level 3595, I can't play anymore

I am still stuck at 2022 being the year where you buy your first game online. How did you survive all those past years? I haven’t had a DVD/BD drive in my computer since 2008.
if you know any top-down equivalent of R-type, I'll take it. I have a game called Raptor , but the sound sucks

the graphics of Ikaruga seems much better, eventhough this game seems to be out at 2014. I can go w/ that and I should be happy. thank you for the tip

This is why I support developers who don't succumb to this practice and get everything else from key sites.

Back