For those wanting to use multiple PS's on one system

so wait a minute......could you simply plug in two power supplys into this and then run one cable from it to the motherboard.....can you combine power supplies this way? would like to see this unit tested in one of the PSU reviews to see what it can handle! maybe it would be better to run two decent 500W PSU's than one 1000W PSU?

The Bitspower X-Station Multi PSU Module lets you run up to 4 power supplies simultaneously by connecting them to the connectors on the X-Station and jumping one of the X-Station's connectors with the included ATX Power Supply Jumper. This module is a must for enthusiasts that want to ensure clean power for their video cards by providing them with their own power supply.

Interesting. I had no idea it was designed for clean power for the GPU.

Anyone have any experience with it?

so wait a minute......could you simply plug in two power supplys into this and then run one cable from it to the motherboard.....can you combine power supplies this way? would like to see this unit tested in one of the PSU reviews to see what it can handle! maybe it would be better to run two decent 500W PSU's than one 1000W PSU?

Yeah, and prob cheaper too...

do you think it would be possible to run 2 systems from 1 psu on that if you obtained another 24pin cable

I still have a couple of old 300-400W server AT PSUs that I'm wondering if I can use exclusively for powering video cards with the appropriate adapters? They have their own on/off switches and can easily be run independent of everything else.

I still have a couple of old 300-400W server AT PSUs that I'm wondering if I can use exclusively for powering video cards with the appropriate adapters? They have their own on/off switches and can easily be run independent of everything else.

just check out how much power is on the +12 rail... remember back then +12 wasnt used for much

as for the device for sale, save yourself the $20 and just put a paperclip from the green pin to any of the black pins lol

as for the device for sale, save yourself the $20 and just put a paperclip from the green pin to any of the black pins lol

The trouble with just useing the paper clip trick is that you do need a slight load on the 5v rail, as that helps to stablize the 12v rail.
If I'm running a supply with a paper clip for any lenght of time, I tend to connect a molex to a CD drive or hard drive just to give it a load on the 5v rail.

Luck ........... :D

The trouble with just useing the paper clip trick is that you do need a slight load on the 5v rail, as that helps to stablize the 12v rail.
If I'm running a supply with a paper clip for any lenght of time, I tend to connect a molex to a CD drive or hard drive just to give it a load on the 5v rail.

Luck ........... :D

i doubt that board loads the +5 rail at all... but ya technically you should load the +5v rail with something like a fan or something to that effect

do you think it would be possible to run 2 systems from 1 psu on that if you obtained another 24pin cable
Yes indeed you can. :D
ps_y_splitter.jpg

pxe_shelf.jpg

pxe_stack.jpg
10 PXE nodes in a rack ;)

One caution I would mention here is that many PSUs, especially the old ones have horrible grounding issues.

Having one PSU in one computer usually wasn't an issue however holding the probes of a voltmeter between two computers or PSU's might show AC potential, or leakage.

Also keep in mind when using multiple PSU's if one starts to crap out it will most certainly take out the other not to mention various parts of your machine.

Here are some pretty good tips:

http://www.directron.com/2powersupplies.html

Another answer is a booster type PSU made to work with another PSU. This is just an example there are smaller cheaper ones on the market:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104019

Luck;)

yup, splitting one PSU between 2 systems, i recall hearing the problems is more the 3 and 5v rails just dont have the juice for 2 systems, pending on specs really. but your asking for more trouble then it is worth

yup, splitting one PSU between 2 systems, i recall hearing the problems is more the 3 and 5v rails just dont have the juice for 2 systems, pending on specs really. but your asking for more trouble then it is worth
Agreed, especially when decent PSUs can actually be found for a good price these days.

Back