For the true modders

budda963

n00b
I wasnt exactly sure where to post this. im obviously a noob

Can anyone give me some tips or even a startingpoint on how i would go about modding a Yamaha Motif ES6. i would like to change the color of the case and the screen. extremely concerned with breaking it and being able to replicate all of the text that is already on the case. PLEASE HELP

there aren't any painting methods to my knowledge that are going to be able to preserve the text while changing the color of the case. That being said, changing the color is defiantly do-able. The proper way would be to disassemble it, separating all of the innards from the plastic (i assume) shell, then prep+paint it.

With this method, you could put masking tape over the texts in a neat fashion before painting. That way the text isnt covered up by the paint. By neat, i mean similar sized tape, aligned properly, etc.

As for the screen... again youll have to open it up, and see what kind of screen is in there, find a retailer that has the exact same one, but but in your desired color. I cannot guarantee this will work though. This is also assuming that it is not a Yamaha model specific screen... in which case, i doubt its possible.

All in all, they are both going to be time consuming projects, more so the painting.

If youre trying to get into modding in general, dont be afraid to disassemble things! I have never broken anything from taking it apart... unless i couldnt remember how to put it back together :p

Hope this was helpful.

Back