for everyone that has issues with PERC 5I and 6i SOLUTION

spasiba

n00b
Hi there,
i searched this forum however i don't think it has been posted before, if it has sorry for the repost.

So i went out and got myself a PERC 6I card and stuck it in my Vmware ESX server running a Asus P5K deluxe no joy system would not boot, i also tried on a X48 chipset Gygabyte board same issue however the system bios was beeping like crazy.

At this point i thought i had wasted money on this solution, until i found a forum somewhere on the net instructing to put some electrical tape over pins 5 and 6 of the PCIE connector.
Everything worked fine since then system boots up detects all my 8 drives and runs like hell!

I believe i found the solution over at extremesystems.org forums through google.

Good luck!

2Cpu forums is a great resource for these cards.

Perc 5/E + 4*500gb in Datoptic Enclosure

Might be worth noting that it's pins 5 and 6 on the A side of the board (the side that usually doesn't have big components on it). It seems that some systems have problems with the SMBus implementation on the MegaRAID cards.

I have two Perc5i cards and i put one in a 945p dell mobo had issues...but i did the tape trick and it works great now.

Back