For all that hat BFV

score another one for big hype with little output! and in a record 23 hours it's gone from 'OMG AWESOME' to "wtf is this shit"

the only reason it went to "wtf is this shit" (supposedly) is because of the gfx glitches
if you get those sorted it, its actually a pretty fine game.
next patch needs to address the gfx glitch and make the sound fx louder, and itll be pretty much great.
when 1942 first came out it was full of glitches, yet now its one of the most widely played games. bfv has the same potential, but people need to get that stick out of their asses and realize that games get patches for a reason.

Originally posted by ScretHate
the correct verb form is "haben." :p

lol

i think its hat...

cuz isnt he saying everyone that has, meaning you guys? OH well

Im glad i didnt get this game.

Originally posted by skinlab
the only reason it went to "wtf is this shit" (supposedly) is because of the gfx glitches
if you get those sorted it, its actually a pretty fine game.
next patch needs to address the gfx glitch and make the sound fx louder, and itll be pretty much great.
when 1942 first came out it was full of glitches, yet now its one of the most widely played games. bfv has the same potential, but people need to get that stick out of their asses and realize that games get patches for a reason.

i can understand that. but i mean, it's not like the 9800 is some very obscure old card from some weird new company. it's a 9800 that's currently dominating the market *relatively* for almost a year now. i would think that in some testing they might've figured out that "hey apparently the 9800's don't work too well" i think that's what everybody is ticked off about.

Exactly I have one, and no problems. I don't understand the sound issue, cause I just got done playing a few rounds of it, and im amazed. They even put in the "doppler effect" in on the cars. For instance when the music is on in the car, when it passes you it has the doppler effect applied. Impressive.

i got both ut2k4 and BFV today and like them both equally. for me, i have to say that nothing beats Desert Combat, yet.

Meh. Even after I got everything looking decent on my card, and could actually start playing the game, I still wasn't impressed. Collision detection (or lack thereof) is terrible, rockets are just plain stupid at 2 rounds before regeneration? (not to mention that you cant hit a damned thing with them). WTF is that? DC's implementation of helo's is sooo much better.

Anyway... I'll be waiting for ver 1.5 of this travesty, in the meantime, I'll be playing ut2k4... then Splinter Cell Pandora... I'm betting FarCry will need to be patched....

Wel me personally. Im going to wait 5 years then buy all the games released in 2003-2004. Maybe then I can play a Final Version instead of their BETA. I cant believe some of you think the whole release and patch crap is acceptable. Patches for certain things yes, but like someone said, its a fucking 9800 Pro. Hardly a minority card.

I still think EA does it on purpose. How long have they been favoring NVIDIA now?? (with proof)

Wel me personally. Im going to wait 5 years then buy all the games released in 2003-2004. Maybe then I can play a Final Version instead of their BETA. I cant believe some of you think the whole release and patch crap is acceptable.

I do that now and it works just fine except Opposing Force BS hacked up CD copy protection--but then came Steam and ended all my worries. ;)

Oh well less TKing plane stealing n00bs that will be online. Glad you guys will be on other games.

I'm not sure why people are so against BF:V. I think it looks, sounds, and even plays fantastic... Well, when I say play, I mean offline. The netcode could be fixed up a bit for me. I have had absolutely no errors in graphics or sound. Well, I have one problem where because I had MP3s with no ID3 tag, the game would crash. It took me all of 5 minutes to determine and fix the problem. I personally like the game a lot. When they release a patch, hopefully it'll fix the netcode stuff and such. Other then that, I like the game and can't understand the problems people are having.

Originally posted by bobcrotch
Oh well less TKing plane stealing n00bs that will be online. Glad you guys will be on other games.

go crawl back under your rock mate... Where do you get off (between threads) calling everyone a "n00b" (at least spell it like an adult) and insulting their age.. Some people dont like the game.. Some truly have problems.. And no its not all cause there a 12 year old kid on daddys computer that doesnt know what their doing...

Were all fucking ecstatic that the game works fine for you. Try drop the attitude and either help someone or throw in some insightful info for once...

Originally posted by skinlab
bfv has the same potential, but people need to get that stick out of their asses and realize that games get patches for a reason.

And EA needs to get the 9' pole out of theirs and realize not to release games that don't work. Beta testing exists for a reason.

Uh, DC has good implimentation of the Helo? I don't think so. It's the most buggy POS I've ever seen. The flight dynamics for it don't exist. I cannot hover because the controls aren't sensetive enough. It has a 'max thrust' or 'min thrust' setting for me. And I'm using a Joystick.

Other than that, DC is fun and great. I wish I could actually play online, but I cannot seem to connect to a single server in the world.

I also have been getting GFX glitches and problems. Ooooh, I'm running a 5900. Ooooohhh, I must be some kind of god to EA... :rolleyes: It's called 'shit code'. Nothing else. They need to refine some control sensetivities a little more, then it would be good.

Oh, and I would agree. This software feels more like Beta pre-release software than post release software.

There are three disks so you really get four coasters. I put the game back in the box and uninstalled it. I will take it out in a few months to see if 1) the FPS do not suck and 2) there are not so many damn bugs. Even then, this game is not very fun. Spawn, prone and snipe. Die and do it all over again.

I love this game! I did the sound buffer fix and I now run the game at 12x9 highsettings with around 40 fps. :p

God bless the outdated 9500 Pro!

Wtf, if i use ANY aa, or af i get artifacting... this is so gay...

Otherwise, medicore game...

BF1942- Well worth your money.
BF: V- Not even worth a trip to mexico.

Besides the EoD mod for BF is extremely polished and well worth the $0 you pay for it.

Originally posted by Binauralman23
BF1942- Well worth your money.
BF: V- Not even worth a trip to mexico.

Besides the EoD mod for BF is extremely polished and well worth the $0 you pay for it.

EoD?

The flight dynamics for it don't exist. I cannot hover because the controls aren't sensetive enough. It has a 'max thrust' or 'min thrust' setting for me. And I'm using a Joystick.

Hovering isn't much of a problem, but I'm one of the freaks that actually developed skills in flight with my keyboard. If you repeatedly throttle the acceleration on and off, you should find a rhythm in which you can hover perfectly.

Originally posted by WickedAngel
Hovering isn't much of a problem, but I'm one of the freaks that actually developed skills in flight with my keyboard. If you repeatedly throttle the acceleration on and off, you should find a rhythm in which you can hover perfectly.

Hmmm... I'll give that a try.

Since there is a very small spot on the joystick, it should be faily easy to do.

That's the only reason I ever learned how to land with them (Though I rarely do that anyways).

I usually just fly around and take flags by hovering.

I use my keyboard for flight aswell. whenever anyone asks what kind of controller i'm using they freakout when i tell them i use my keyboard.

i have a link for EOD in the links section of www.toabase.net

great mod :D

Back