• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Font size problem

jddesigned

n00b
Joined
Aug 25, 2005
Messages
59
Hey guys,

Got my daddy a 19" LCD for Christmas and the man's in love with it. Unfortunately the initial oohs and aahs are begining to wear off. Because of his aging eyes we set all font sizes in the desktop properties to extra large with the 1280x1024 res and this works fantastic for him, but the problem starts when he tries using certain programs. Main 2 he needs to use are Microsoft Money and Quicken. Here the default fonts are too tiny for him and we can't figure out how to increase them if there is a way. Well I did find a way to do it in Quicken but apparently dad tried this and it only changed over half the program. Does anybody have any thoughts on this? Changing to a non-native resolution is out of the question too. Help..................
 
Have you tried Firefox? With it installed you can blow up one letter to
fill the screen by clicking on 'CTL' and '+'. It works for all web pages
so it will work with Money but I 'm not sure about Quicken.

Also, it might sound counterintuitive(sp), but have you tried reducing
the screen resolution? Being an old fart myself, I find that lower resolutions
are much easier on the eyes.

Lastly, have you tired playing aroung with the 'Color Correction' settings?
I have a nVidia card and I go to the advanced tab and shift the RGB settings
so that the screen is a tad darker and that helps also. If you start changing
the video card settings I would reccomend making one adjustment at a
time so you can always get back to the starting point. Good luck and
let us know if this helps.

klaatu51
 
One thing I forgot to mention is 'Reading Glasses'.
I personally wear bifoacls but do so by wearing contact
lenses all the time and reading glasses for anything
closer than arm's length. Could your father be helped
by some cheapies from the dollar store? This would
allow him to try different magnification levels at about
5-10 dollars per pair.

If any of this helps, one good stock pick will be adequate
thanks.


klaatu51
 
Back
Top