Follow up to G9x?

gman

[H]ard|Gawd
I've noticed that the G9x prices have come down. I hope Logitech comes out with a newer version. I love the mouse, but sometimes the grips can feel loose on mine. Also as a design change if you look at most right click buttons on mice they are angle more than the left mouse. Therefore if the piece that contacts the switch is the same as the left button the the right button has a tendency to slide a bit on the switch. They should angle the piece contacting the switch the same as the button. They'd also have to put the switch in a the same angle. This would give a better contact with the switch that would match the same contact the left button is getting.

Or put some type of non-slip surface on the piece that contacts the switch.

I'm I nuts?:eek:

I'm not really understanding what you're saying here and I own a G9x.

"Also as a design change if you look at most right click buttons on mice they are angle more than the left mouse"

Angle more? Relative to what plane? I don't even see how this makes a difference with the switching mechanism as I've had no trouble with slippage while clicking either left or right buttons. In any case your sentences are fragmented and unclear so I'll leave it at that.

So you posted just to tell me my sentences are fragmented? It's just an observation that I've made in taking the mice apart. I'm not writing a paper. I will try to clarify my fragmentation I guess. I should say that in taking a G500 apart I see the issue more with that mouse than the G9x. Especially if your finger rests lower on the right button. The button will actually push more to the side when you click instead of moving straight down. That's kinda of the jist of it.

I thought the G9x was the newer version?

It is but the price is abnormally low for no apparent reason. Some are speculating Logitech is getting ready to replace the G9x with a newer model.

The G9x is great for normal to small handed gamers who use the claw/finger tip style for gaming. My only want for a new G9 is make the scroll wheel easier to click. It's to damn hard/stiff for someone who uses it a often, like me.

I have had no complaints with my G9x

It replaced an MX revolution (bluetooth version) and was a big improvement

A g9x sounds great but if there will be a newer version coming out in the market. Then it would be sweet.

Back