• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

folding on a router

drizzt81

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
12,361
I was wondering if anyone tried running FAH on their router? I mean the linksys WGR54G that I have runs linux, so it should be able to run a *nix client, no?

Greg

ps.: yes, I am desperate for more folding power, since I feel so inferior to U_M
 
Well, your router may run Linux, but it's certainly not a PowerPC or x86 processor. It's an ARM processor, so it has a totally different architecture. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if it had no floating-point ability at all. The code from Stanford would look like a bunch of rubbish to the processor.

Sorry to disappoint you.
 
Mohonri said:
Well, your router may run Linux, but it's certainly not a PowerPC or x86 processor. It's an ARM processor, so it has a totally different architecture. Not to mention I wouldn't be surprised if it had no floating-point ability at all. The code from Stanford would look like a bunch of rubbish to the processor.

Sorry to disappoint you.
yeah good point... did not consider that.. :/
 
Yep, this has been brought up before. It's an ARM processor, so it doesn't handle the x86 code Stanford provides. Good thought, though.

 
I wish there was a folding client for my cell phone... it's on 24/7 my as well fold...
 
paulmr said:
I wish there was a folding client for my cell phone... it's on 24/7 my as well fold...

But your talk time would be 45 mins.......stand by an hour and half.
 
brycejones said:
But your talk time would be 45 mins.......stand by an hour and half.

You could plug it in when not in use. And turn it off F@H for the time that it's not pluged in. I'd do it if it was available. How about those 600mhz palm thingies with intel chips, would those run F@H?

-MN Scout
 
Back
Top