• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Folding in Debian

Status
Not open for further replies.

drizzt81

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
12,361
Hiho,

after following the guide on HardFolding, my Debian (testing) machine still does not want to auto-start the fah client. Where/ how would go about debugging this. Keep in mine I am the linux n00blet. I checked top and ps -A as super-user and cannot find the fah process. Also the FHAlog.txt never advances.
 
None of my linux SMP machines auto start. I fixed that by not auto stopping them :D
Sorry but I never saw Linux running untill 2 weeks ago.
 
maybe look into creating a startup script in you /etc/init.d folder

so like file called folding



#!/bin/sh

./Directory_To_Folding_Client/FAH5*



I think that should work for debian. Someone better at linux correct me if im wrong.

Zack
 
Ok, I have this:
ase $1 in
start)
/home/gwk/FAH504-linux.exe &
;;
stop)
killall FAH504-Linux.exe
;;
esac

in /etc/init.d/fah (permissions -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 90 2006-12-07 13:33 /etc/init.d/fah )
I ran the following command and apparently it is installed:
Code:
update-rc.d fah defaults
 System startup links for /etc/init.d/fah already exist.
permissions on the FAH file:
-rwxr-xr-x 1 gwk gwk 250964 2006-12-06 10:27 /home/gwk/FAH504-Linux.exe
 
drizzt81 said:
Hiho,

after following the guide on HardFolding, my Debian (testing) machine still does not want to auto-start the fah client. Where/ how would go about debugging this. Keep in mine I am the linux n00blet. I checked top and ps -A as super-user and cannot find the fah process. Also the FHAlog.txt never advances.

Total Linux nOOb...and I was able to get done using this on Ubuntu.
http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=2283

as far as getting my own flags and the service....well!!! I'm learning :p

 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top