• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Folding for the [H]ard|Bard

Hyperion

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 23, 2000
Messages
1,924
Yep ... I'm folding away with my moronic PIII 1GHz. Might just be able to Borg two other boxen! ;)

I'm working on p546_BBA5 (500WU's of sheer CPU pain) how long should it take to finish?
 
It should take 22-24 hours of CPU time... Could be much more if your client doesn't use SSE. If it doesn't, run it with the -forceasm flag...
 
OK ... a few hours of [H]ard|Folding and I'm at 95/500 WU's, now why does my nick not
show up amongst the new [H]oard members? :)
 
You're actually at 95/500 frames of the work unit you are working on. Your user will show up once you finish the work unit.

Oldbenwa
 
You know....

if you were to borg a box... or make your box faster, you'd see your name faster and see it climb faster...


**plays on his eagerness** :D
 
Welcome LH.
We're glad to have you on the team. :D :D

But you've got it wrong....we don't fold for me. We fold for them.
Thanks.
 
relic said:
Welcome LH.
We're glad to have you on the team. :D :D

But you've got it wrong....we don't fold for me. We fold for them.
Thanks.


This is true, we fold for them. But feel free to blame Relic, its all his fault anyway. ;)

Welcome to the team.

T-3
 
My new box is named John for the grandfather that tired of fighting skin cancer, after 5 surgeries. He served as a part time pastor for 40 years, watching me now from a better place. Gotta help me borg now. I don't have a really cool badge, just the desire. Wonder if I could use the really cool Logo for the [Horde] on T-shirts, great advertising. Gotta get a lot of horsepower going in a hurry.
 
Leadman584, we did a small run of t-shirts a while back. All of the :cool: people have them. ;) Since I'm sure that no t-shirt threads survived the forum purge, maybe someone will post a picture of theirs - mine's somewhere in my big stack o' t-shirts.
 
<risk type="getting_clobbered">
I'm not a humanitarian, I firmly believe that from both the religious as well as the scientific
perspective, death is a natural process. It's a painful part of our existence, but it's what
makes us human. I shudder at the day that our fate rests solely in the hands of Science,
since man is often way too clever for his own good.

However, I do believe that children should be given the benefit of a 'filtered genome' i.e.
do as much genetic 'error correction' as possible, and I do believe that finding cures for
virii is in the best interest of every individual.

BUT, I wonder about the merits of making homo-sapiens immortal, we are (as a species)
way to stupid, selfish, insidious and immature to live forever. Besides, I personally think
that immortality is a dangerous wish, extended life, sure, but immortality, nah!

One must die of something, I'd prefer dying from a disease than world overpopulation
(which causes resource sortages, pollution and greed driven wars), but then, I guess I have
never really feared death in the the way that especially American citizens do.

That is why I fold for the [H]ard|Bard. He's a civil chap, with noble intentions, a champion
for an altruistic cause. I join your banner gents, not for personal gain, nor for fame but
because I respect the stuff you're made of. My contribution is small, and comes at a late
hour, but it may swing your war on protein induced chaos in your favour. I will be the
mercenary, that brings that extra fire-power in your hour of need! ;)
</risk>

Just sad I wasn't with you in 1998 - 2001 when I was a Lab Assistant that Borg'ed 150
Dell Optiplex workstations for SETI! :(

This is me after 1 day! ;)
 
Back
Top