Folding 7.4.4

Sparky

2[H]4U
I just upgraded to 7.4.4 along with a new video card and it does not open up.
The web control never did work so I edited the shortcut like always and nothing happens. I tried 3 different browsers with the web control and it no work before I edited it.
Windows 10 Pro.

What do you mean the web control doesn't work?

Ever since they introduced web control it has never work for me in Win 7 or Win 10.
I reinstalled it for a 3rd time and got it to work as before. It looks like I needed to remove the open-web-control true and add open-web-control false before I edited the shortcut otherwise nothing opened.
Now I have to wait for GPU support to be added.

It worked for me on initial install but I was getting the famous "missing opencl" error message. I reinstalled the Nvidia driver and rebooted. Now web control looks like it is constantly trying to refresh the page or something.

I've installed F@H on a wide range of hardware without any issues regarding the web control working. Most issues I've had are related to Nvidia drivers not working correctly. Granted I've only ever installed the v7 client on Windows 7 and CentOS. It's never given me an issue.

There are 3 parts these days. FAHClient which does all the work and is the only thing that needs to run. FAHControl is just the GUI and GUI input/settings. Web Control is a cut down FAHControl on a webpage.

I never use the Web Control (Chrome) but I've also never had an issue with it. I just prefer using the Advanced Control because it shows more information and lets me see what my other boxen are doing (or not doing when they crash)

Back