Folders not remembering view settings in XP Pro

mcravenufo

Ravenufo's Macs
One thing that really annoys me in XP Pro is that some folders do not remember the view settings (I have the setting checked in folder options). It seems that random folders will revert to "icon" view and every time I revisit them I have to put them back to "details" view which is my prefered view.

Does anyone know of a fix for this bug? It isn't just me. Some of my coworkers complain about this as well.

happens to me too, only i have my music sorted by 'date created' and then itll go back to sorted by 'name' so i have to go through this process that lets you sort by 'date created' b/c on default...it wouldnt let me sort by date...

try this,...if you like all ur folders looking the same, then open a folder say....c:\windows for example....and go to the folder settings, and then hit that button at the top that says "view for all folders" or somethign of the like...basically it would set all the folders in ur computer to look the same...

since i'm not at my computer and the one that i'm using does not have windows XP, i cnat be exactly sure...but i know that its there...

(look for 2 buttons near the top)

run either crap cleaner or a reg fix program. I had the exact problem when I went to sp2. I was just about to wipe and reload after trying all the different tricks when a coworker recommended it to me. Worked like a charm! I only had 1900 errors in my registry. :D

Hope that helps!

Doctor X

The same thing happens to me too. im running no service packs on xp pro. It seems to only happen when i install a program that wants to associate file types with itself (winamp : .mp3) its really annoying.

Back