Folder Problem XP

vischo

Gawd
Problem is
========
When I open My Computer and try to open one of my hard drives; I end up with a new windows for search. I can view my files, but I have to manually type the directory into the address bar. I can't click on any folders without it opening up a blank search window.

How I got here
==========
I was manually changing file icons by using Folder Options > File Types. Then change icon... All was fine until I changed the entry for File Folder

Any advice.....

Also, when right clicking on my hard drives... I noticed that Search... is the default option.......

Ok, I think what you did is when you changed your icon, you clicked the Set Default button that's in that dialog. That button sets what happens when you double click a folder and has nothing to do with the icon. You probably had "find" selected and that's what made Search the default. However, in figuring out what you did, i've now done the same thing to my system and I can't get it back to the way it was. lol I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Thanks, i'm glad you found that. I was getting annoyed. lol

My only guess is that you accidentally clicked that Set Default button while changing the icon. Or it could just be a random glitch. I dunno.

I know, quite an interesting problem. I only played with the Set Default after the problem occured.... Any one else heard of any issues with this?????

Why does this happen to us chicagoans in the same week? Big up to Aurora (i have lived in chicago for 3 years though)

Anyway thanks for posting the fix vischo

Back