Folder On Multiple Hard drives

Mccaula718

Gawd
One of my 750GB hd's is about to be full of tv shows. My os drive(750gb as well) has over 600 gb's available on it. Is there any way possible of having my TV shows folder span across two hard drives? The only way I can think of would be to have two seperate folders such as "Tv Shows a-m" on one drive, and "Tv shows n-z" on the other. Is there a better way to do this where I only have one folder?

If this is on Windows 7, maybe you could create a new Library that would include both your current tv show folder and your newly created tv show folder.

Another option would be to create a symbolic link within your current tv show folder to the new folder on the other drive with the mklink command.

The last option would be to create the new tv folder on your other drive, go into the Disk Management console and remap your full drive of tv shows to a sub-directory as a mount point within that new folder.

I think Symbolic Linking would do the trick. I do not have the knowledge to tell you how, but look it up (either here, or web search). Seems perfect for your issue.

Edit: Bah, should have refreshed before posting. GushpinBob beat me to it.

Back