• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Folder in Standby Mode....??

ByteDown[H]ard

[H]ard DCOTM August 2026
Joined
Apr 4, 2001
Messages
857
I have an AMD 850 running winME (yea yea I know:( ) Just recently it started going into standby mode after running for a few min. I have standby mode disabled so I have no idea how its doing it.. It was connected to an APC UPS. I uninstalled all the associated monitoring software but after a few min a window pops up saying, Preparing windows for stand-by mode please wait. I wake it up and it lasts for 30 sec to 5 min then happens again.. Just looking for a few ideas before I reformat and start over.. Bad PS maybe?? HD?? Never saw this before... :confused:
 
Umm, right click on the desktop, properties, screensaver, power settings? I've had some pretty strange settings show up there for no special reason.

Just a thought..also check your bios, see if it has a "Disable Powerdown" setting.


Luck

BillR
 
Thanx BillR, nothing strange there.... :rolleyes:



edit:
After a little digging thru the registry I found that the APC Powerchute program, v1, didn't do more than pay lip service to the uninstall i did. It was still being run. My guess is that it thought it was on battery power and was shutting things down... Wonder if they have an updated version of that software, not that I trust it anymore... :D
 
Back
Top