• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

FOLDATHON - To Honor Adak

orion456

n00b
Joined
Jul 3, 2012
Messages
8
As some of you are aware Adak of Overclockers Forums passed away suddenly after an illness.

Team 32 invites friends and foes alike to fold in Adak's name to help us honor his dedication, his spirit, and his fierce drive to make all our forums a better place.
Adak folded for many teams but considered Team 32 his home. Join us for a week of folding madness and let us try to send Adak shooting to the stars in points as well as spirit!

All details can be found here in the main thread over at Overclockers forum:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=744019

the_cultie and orion456
 
Last edited:
This is unfortunate timing with the bad taste Stanford/FAH/VJ/PG has left in a lot of people's mouths. I am going to have to decline.
 
This is unfortunate timing with the bad taste Stanford/FAH/VJ/PG has left in a lot of people's mouths. I am going to have to decline.

maybe we can start a boinc/wcg "team Adak" in honor?

i decided to join the foldathon more because it was the wishes of Adak's peers. maybe we could pay respects/honors in our own [H] way
 
This is unfortunate timing with the bad taste Stanford/FAH/VJ/PG has left in a lot of people's mouths. I am going to have to decline.

What we do next week is for Adak - a man whose dedication and love for folding was unbounded. A man who was willing to put himself out there to make all folding forums better. He didn't limit himself to just FAH but embraced BOINC as well. He was willing to put his $ where his mouth was when he built one of the first p4 rigs he called TANKER. He helped people, he cared about people, he wanted us all to help fold for a cure - which is why he was so passionate about the CC.

For all those reasons, and more, I can forgive for one week - maybe you can too. If not, I understand.
 
Last edited:
I am going to be there because of Adak, I admired his dedication to humanity and PG's policies and practices can not change that. I will be folding for Adak and PG will not get in the way of what I thought of him.
 
I am going to be there because of Adak, I admired his dedication to humanity and PG's policies and practices can not change that. I will be folding for Adak and PG will not get in the way of what I thought of him.

+1

I'm in.
 
My `budget bigadv' 4P SocketF 8439 SE is back online folding for Adak. Seems like a good reason to get it folding again.

EDIT: just bought a pair of X5650's to replace a set of L5520's I've got -- might as well bring that online too. =)
 
This is the first time I've moved my machines off my own time since I participated in the [H] overtake of EVGA.
 
This is the first time I've moved my machines off my own time since I participated in the [H] overtake of EVGA.


Adak's family will be proud to know that his passing has created such a swelling of support from across the international folding world - it is nothing short of phenomenal.


Thank you so much to all !!
 
I really don't have any words. Count me in for the week.
 
I just switched by rigs back on and changed the config over to Adak and Team 32. I'm a bit late to the party, so maybe I'll stay on for an extra day or two afterward? Don't know if that's OK.

These will be the last units I contribute to F@H until they make significant management changes (for the same reasons that jojo69 mentioned here). I am very happy that my last units get to go towards a good purpose.
 
I just switched by rigs back on and changed the config over to Adak and Team 32. I'm a bit late to the party, so maybe I'll stay on for an extra day or two afterward? Don't know if that's OK.

These will be the last units I contribute to F@H until they make significant management changes (for the same reasons that jojo69 mentioned here). I am very happy that my last units get to go towards a good purpose.

Welcome aboard. Any contribution will honor Adak.

The times listed were just to make it formal. Many will be adding an extra few just for old times sake. I know I will.
 
19.1 million points today for Adak <--- come help us make history, the greatest foldathon yet.
 
Just a big thank you to all that participated in the Foldathon. It was a very memorable event for many.

Adak received over 180 million points from 358 clients, an absolutely awesome result.

See you next year.
 
Back
Top