FO Persistent Crashing on New Install of Vista

Decko87

2[H]4U
I just got Fall Out 3 from Steam today and I seriously want my money back. As soon as I get through the indoor environment i have to save every two steps so I can make progress before it crashes again. I just installed Windows Vista 64-bit Home Premium. I also just installed a GTX 280. I thought that might of been the problem but Far Cry 2 never crashes. The game just stops and crashes everywhere I walk. It runs smoothly while i'm playing it, but it is literally unplayable due to the constant crashing. I really can't believe how miserable this experience is, I see this huge game world i'm dieing to experience and nothing works. I've tried the patch, I've tried reinstalling, I even logged into Games for Windows live thinking that for some reason it may of had something to do with it. Every thing I tried was blind hope. Would it be worth trying Windows XP? Or am I just setting my hopes up for disaster again?

Edit: For anyone else having this problem I read that A: 181.20 Nvidia drivers do not agree with FO 3( like my stomach and shell fish ;) ), people are suggesting getting 181.22 Beta Drivers.

Another Fix would be for anyone using a Quad-Core CPU. Due to poor coding the game crashes when it attempts to utilize all 4 cores. Supposedly there is a method to only use two cores and should work until Bethesda makes a patch for Quad Core support.

I'm going to sleep for now! If anyone has luck with these solutions or finds any other solutions please respond!

If you're using the 181.20 drivers that's why. Use 180.48.

Back