fluxbox question ss included (56k safe)

poundofflour

Limp Gawd
i just installed slackware 9.1 on my laptop and i am using fluxbox as my wm. my problem is that the iconbar is not displaying what windows are in the current workspace. it only displays the active window. i am using the same version of fluxbox on another machine and i dont have this problem. i am even using the same init file on both machines. here is a screenshot of the problem.

screenshot.jpg

you can see that i have a terminal and mozilla open in the workspace while only one of them is displayed in the toolbar. in my init file i have specified the mode for the icon bar using:

session.iconbar: true
session.screen0.iconbar.mode: Workspace

if anyone has any suggestions or experiences with this, i would be happy to hear them, as i am completely stumped. :(

in the recent version of flux (.9.7) you can change this by the right click menu on the toolbar.
btw heres my screenie:

according to the fluxbox site the most recent stable version is 0.1.14, which is what i am running. also when i right click the toolbar a menu does popup, but it does not have the submenu for "iconbar mode" which is what i need. basically what i think is happening is that somehow the icon bar is not loading, even though i have specified it in my init file.

cloaked, your screen shot doesn't load me for me. :( i thank you for your help though, as no one else seems interested, or can offer advice.

0.1.14 is the latest stable release. I think 0.97 is the devel release. I was using 0.97 and it had all the windows in the bar. It looks like there is a 0.98 out now, so you might want to try that.

That is strange. I've never had a problem like that with fluxbox myself and I use it on 2 of my machines.

technically the stable release is at .1.14, but the newest is stable enough for me, i have never had any problems with it, and the added features over 1.14 are well worth any slight instablitties with it.

hmmm, interesting. i am definately going to give the development release a try. thanks for the help people. :)

Back