Fluid XP

Has anyone used this fluid for their watercooling system? If so, is it worth it?

I am planning on getting some and want to know if it stands up for what it claims.

linkage

we already decided its crap unless youre the most paranoid person on the planet

cools worse than water, sticks you in the bum price-wise, and has a really shady company

well that sux

I already lost $800 worth of equipment from one leak, so at this point I am a little paranoid.

It was running perfectly for months... and one day the videocard block decided to leak two drops on a main power line killing it, my motherbaord, my soundcard, and my TV tuner card.

I wonder is fluid xp will become conductive the second it leaks onto your computer and get contaiminated with dust? That would pretty much make it a mute subject.

^^^ I read a review and they basicly poured the fuild all over a running powersupply with the case off and nothing happened. Then after much more water and a few more minutes, it shorted and failed. So this leads me to think that it is conductive, just after it is exposed for a long while.

It pretty non-conductive if you don't mix more water into it. The lauryl alcohol in it will form a film on the outside of any droplets, acting as an insulatiing barrier. The diols will bind and the xantham gum will impede the movement of a lot of the ions that would normally carry current through the fluid. With time (and a greater ion load) these protections will fail, which is why they suggest changing your fluid every two years.

Back