FLuid XP+ in Canada?!

t10

Limp Gawd
The other day one of my buddies watercoolign set-up leaked. You all know what hapenned. Thankfully he was there to to unplug the system.

Now, my PC is on 24/7, even when I am not home. If this thing leaks, chances are the house will burn down lol. The $49.99 investment for FLuid XP+ doesnt sound all too bad all of a sudden lol.

Can I buy it anywhere in Canada? I really dont feel like paying customs charges.

Unless your leak happens over your PSU, it's not likely to do anything than spark a little, and it probably won't even do that. Unless you use your case to store shotgun shell reloading supplies, it's not worth the money to buy FluidXP.

Yeah, Itll kill your comp but wont start a fire.

Now I dont know about Thewhiteguys shotgun shell reloading preferences but if there is a better place to keep the supplies than inside ur watercooled case Id like to hear it.

MikeP said:
Now I dont know about Thewhiteguys shotgun shell reloading preferences but if there is a better place to keep the supplies than inside ur watercooled case Id like to hear it.
Personally, I like to keep those sort of things next to the fireplace :)

Please dont post in this thread unless you have experience. I had my watercooling setup a while now and it leaked 2 drops after six months of having it from my videocard block to my soundcard, which traveled from the soundcard to the motherboard then to my videocard. So all in all I lost around $800 from two drops.

Everything has been fine since, and I now have double metal fittings on each --> metal <-- barb and better tygon tubing. I am still trying to find out why it randomly leaked after 6 months of no trouble. The temperatures are only a little worse (3C) with fluidxp from my old distilled water, and overall I definetly reccomend buying it, because you never know what may happen.

seven posts later, still no reply to the actual question...

I'd like to know this as wel.

How am I a criminal when I did nothing wrong. The water leaked on the soundcard which I did NOT rma because I physicly damaged it. The souncard then made somekind of power surge and killed the videocard and motherboard. They were both physicly unaffected and they both partially worked, but had defects. So I sent a rma for the motherboard and videocard telling them the truth, and Abit being very very nice fixed my motherboard.

Back to the original subject and not false assumptions, the fluidXP will stain your tubing after about three months to a white color. I did not see any problems with the temperatures changing.

Have you tried dtekcustoms yet?

I would have to say, since the stuff has a shelf live of 5 years, and a working life of about 2.5 years, that the heat absorbtion properties won't change much ofer the life of the product. And who cares if it stains you tubing if you save $500 to $2500 in parts replacements if it leaks?

You have to decide for yourself if the cost and slight temp increase on the processor is worth it for the peace of mind that it won't fry anything. I am even considering it myself, but I'll need at least 2 quarts to start off with. BTW, found it
here a bit cheaper, when they get it back in stock.

The staining is only minor and really insignificant. Like I mentioned, dtek should have it and they are usually cheap compared to other sites and have good shipping.

Anyone got a pic of stained tubes using FluidXP? Me likes my tubes all pretty and such.

Anyone know of anyplace IN canada where its available? U Americans got it too easy getting all this nifty kinda stuff. Newegg wont even sell to us Northern guys. :(

Back