• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fluid XP+EXT Purple UV quality

Dark Prodigy

Jawbreaker
Joined
Mar 10, 2006
Messages
2,803
I want a quality purple fluid to go into my new WC setup. I want to use Fluid XP+EXT Purple UV . Its pricey but supposedly high quality. BUT, if I'm not mistaken, I read in these forums somewhere that the dye in this fluid separates fairly easily and within a few days was almost clear. Is this true? If so tell me where to get some QUALITY nice purple coolant.
 
Just browse around for some purple antifreeze. I'm not exactly sure, but you should be able to find one fairly easily. Just mix that with some distilled water and you are fine. If it has to be UV, then you're better off buying whatever color antifreeze you want and buying UV dye. I've heard it stains your components and makes the water slightly more conductive, but I'm not 100% sure.
 
There are many different colors of Pentosin. I have blue, and I know you can get red. There might be a purple one, but I'm not quite sure.
 
just fyi

Pentosin Blue = G11

Pentosin Red = G12.

found a local car shop who has both and is willing to sell to me free-pour - so I don't have to buy a $25 gallon.

:)
 
SOME of the premixed Fluid XP was a bad batch, according to the emails returned to PerformancePCS.com, which reacted poorly with the inside of a radiator. You should be fine with that stuff. There is no purple UV dye, but you COULD mix some red and blue together to get the same effect.

It will stain your tubing.
 
Well for personal experience I can tell you that Fluid XP's color does disappear rather quickly. I'm talking about like in one day. I don't know about the EXT purple UV dye tho, but I've read that pretty much all those dyes do turn clear after a while.
 
Back
Top