• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

fluid colors

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
437
Does anyone know a W/C seller that has blue colored cooling fliud???

Also, would blue coloring(or any coloring, I chose blue to match the sceme) added to a flud have any detrimental effects as far as electrolitic activity or electrical conductivity if the system was breeched???
 
Blue Antifreeze works great. Google (or Froogle) Pentosin. I use it. Deep blue, and all the goodness of anti-freeze.
-Ghent
 
While we're on the subject of finding colors (I don't mean to hijack), does anyone know where to get a uv purple or just purple colored fluid?
 
Heres a website .....

Pap-parts.com

I just got my Pentosin Blue today ....

Hope that helps
 
JOKER_JOKER said:
While we're on the subject of finding colors (I don't mean to hijack), does anyone know where to get a uv purple or just purple colored fluid?

NP! You could try mixing blue & red to get the color you want???
 
But the second part of my question. If I were to add coloring to, like de-ionized nonconductive water, would it change the properties? Would I have to worry about electrolitic activity or gummed up pipes, or what?????
 
I'm happy with the pentosin I ordered from pap-parts, part # G 001 100. Very nice blue color - just dilluted with DI and added a little bug killer for good measure. It looks very good and does the job for cooling, and I haven't noticed any buildup usually associated with additive dyes.
 
Have PC Ice Blue non-conductive in my system and its been working brilliantly..not to mention a nice "windex blue" color... ;)
 
willie92 said:
Koolance does have the nicest blue out there IMHO plus they put all the good stuff in there so you don't have to add anti-corrosion or anti-bug stuff...
yeah you gotta hand it to them on that, they have some really heavy duty anti-corrosives in there because they use aluminum parts.
 
Back
Top