Floppy disk controller failure on IC7-G. Help?

I just replaced the 2MB cache Maxtor IDE drives in my system with a couple of 36GB WD Raptors. Inserted WinXP CD and pressed F6 during load to specify the Intel RAID drivers for my IC7-G which are on a 1.44MB floppy. Setup thinks nothing on the drive. I try another copy. Nothing. Swap out floppy cable. Doesn't work. Swap out floppy drive. Still doesn't work. Try another power connection from PSU. Nope. Seems like a floppy controller failure on the MB. So here I am. Can't load the OS. Posting now from a notebook....with no floppy drive. I am SOL. I guess I need to buy a new MB now. Can anyone else help me? I have tried disabling and re-enabling the Floppy Disk Controller in the BIOS. Even reset the BIOS on the MB. I want to fucking smash the MB into a million pieces....

yeah - it might be that your FDD controller is defective and I can't really think of anything that could be done about that... any chances of RMAing the mobo?

Maybe, but in the meantime I am seriously thinking about getting a IC7-MAX3. Are all the issues fixed? I know there were lots of problems a couple of months ago...

Back