A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!
I had a case that ended up in about two feet of water in a basement about two years ago. Its been empty since but I'd like to use it again. Do I need to worry about if anything happened to it? potentially shorting anything out?
Obviously if it had a PSU in it don't use it. Pull the front off and take a very hard look at the USB ports and such. If they show any corrosion I wouldn't risk it. What might work just fine at first may smoke a board because you plugged something in akwardly down the road. I'd also discard any fans personally.
It would have to be a very nice case to even bother.
If there were no electronics in it then I don't see why you couldn't use it. It's just metal and plastic after all. If there WERE electronics in it, there's always a chance they'll still work despite getting soaked, but unless it's something that's worth a lot to you I wouldn't risk it.
What type of case? Are you talking about the case itself or the entire computer? Any electronics are probably bad but if the case is aluminum then it should be fine.