Flipped PSU Mod

Alexia

Limp Gawd
I was reading a review on the Lian-Li PC-76 server case and it suggested flipping the PSU mounting bracket to allow better airflow with PSUs that fans on the bottom. This really isn't an issue on my PC-75 since the bottom of the PSU cage is ventillated. The thing that was bugging me was the location of where the wires come out of the PSU, the left side of the case. It made this untidy mess in there. More time for wire management!

This is what the case looks like before the modifcation.
showoff4.jpg

After the Mod.
psumod1.jpg

psumod3.jpg

psumod5.jpg

Here you can see the flipped bracket. The brushed aluminum side is now on the inside, smooth side on the outside. You can see the scratch marks from installing PSU when it was the bracket wasn't flipped. Because of the nature of the damn ATX's PSU hole locations, I had to drill four new holes for the PSU to be mounted through. So the bracket is now compatible in either configuration. There are PSUs that have the wires come out the right side when mounted normally, the Antec TruePower 430watt is an exception and comes out on the left.
psumod6.jpg

Other areas of worthy mention!
psumod2.jpg

psumod4.jpg

Well it is a mod, and it did improve the looks quite a bit. Actually made me look into my lian-li just to make sure. Now just have to plug in that 3rd hard drive there and you'd be good ;)

If it were my case I'd also cut those fan "grills" out too. Good job on your wiring though

That third hard drive is actually the fourth in the rack and I have a fifth waiting to be installed. (I'm in a desperate need of power splitters and a new PSU.)

I am planning on modifying the fan grills, just not enough time today.

I flipped my psu bracket so that the PSU is nearer to the Top. Dont like it showing up so close to the cpu

omg dude, you're gonna have 7 tornado's in your case? Dude, you will be deaf 3 hours after you get them.

Originally posted by CrimandEvil
Looks good. Is that an Antec PSU? I really hate that about them.

Yes, it is an Antec. That is annoying, but this solves the problem so easily. :D

Thanks for the compliments on the wiring. ;)

Back