Flip Up LCDs For Consoles

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don’t know anything about this company but these 9.2” widescreen LCDs for the Xbox 360 and the Wii look pretty cool. The 360 version would be good for console LANs or areas with space constraints. Anyone have any experience with these?

These would be cool for covert ops if they have standard inputs :D

They had something like this for Gamecube a while back, it was a 5" screen if i remember correctly and there was a battery pack so that you could use your GC in the car without having to plug it in...

I almost got one, thankfully I didnt cause then I bought a 2001fp :D

They had something like this for Gamecube a while back, it was a 5" screen if i remember correctly and there was a battery pack so that you could use your GC in the car without having to plug it in...

Yeha they had one for the PSOne too.

I've seen them for other / older consoles, but with everything being high-def now, I am wondering how well these work. I might just have to grab one for each new console and test them out.

i have one, though without the battery pack. worked well in the car of the cig ligher, mario party is playable at that size

It's only worthy depending on what signal it takes. If it takes VGA or component then I'd be all over it.

I picked up a PS2 game controller that had a built in 1.5" TFT screen, stereo speakers, and decent array of screen controls. I quickly dissambled it, and rewired to accept any composit input. It's not bad for the cheap price I got it for. I discarded the controller itself, that was pure crap.

I miss edit button.

Oh.. and the AC/DC power supply was ditched, and opted to run it from a molex connector from my PC on a 5volt line.

I have two of the Gamecube version, which for car trips is the perfect size, and type of gameplay for long trips. Version I had used a passthrough for the gamecube power and could rotate 180 degrees. Not sure I really want to lug around my 360, dont think its as sturd as the 'Cube.

When I worked for Circuit City a fews yr back now, we had these when they first came out for the PS1, Xbox & Gamecube, and later on 1 for the PS2. We had them all on display and they all connected via composite video.

Screen size was like 5-7"inches ..somewhere in that range, but to be honest the picture quality sucked, but was playable for some I guess. I could see possibly carrying the cube or ps1 (revision) around, but the xbox/ps2 or any of the new consoles is a hell no imo.

I don't remember the brand name of them, but if I can find it by doing a search I'll post again with a link to the units designed for the older systems.

Back