Flip Corsair fan ring?

ITGuy1024

n00b
Has anyone flipped the fan rings to the other side (exhaust side) on the Corsair SP120's? I have 3 intake fans and you won't be able to see the fan rings with how they come mounted from the factory.

not sure if there are different revisions of these but my blue sp120s are not reversible. I can take off the ring but there is nowhere on the back side to put them. its solid like a normal fan.
edit: added pic to show you. there is no groove on the back so its not possible. but they should start doing that so ppl can flip them like you want. makes sense to me anyways...

original.png

Yeah I know they aren't reversible but didn't know if anyone had modded them to flip around.

I did the Googles and saw someone did attach them on the other side with clear tape. It doesn't look that bad and the side facing the side won't have a piece of tape.

We'll see how it looks in the case. If it's total garbage I'll put them on the intake side and live with it.

20160417_092950.jpg

Installed with the rings on the exhaust side. I think they came out pretty good. No tape on the side facing the window so you can't even tell.

20160422_200509.jpg

In a situation like that I can somewhat see the point, but in my application of these fans I would need the ring to sit flush in order to mount the rings. I do see the desire to want to change the basic aesthetic of the exhaust side of these fans.

Back