Flight Stick & Rudder Peddals Compatibility

multiplexed

Weaksauce
I just picked up a couple of bargain bin flight games. I was thinking about getting a flight stick and rudder pedals. I was wondering what I need to know about compatibility. Do I need to know anything besides basic drivers?

Do I need to research each and every game if it’s compatible with the flight accessories, or do all games just support pretty much everything? Are there any important specifications?

If I get a USB flight stick, do I have to buy the rudder pedals from the same manufacturer?

Thanks for any advice.

I know CH Products' Control Manager software has some options which allow you to "combine" multiple devices into one "joystick 1" controller, using axes and buttons from all mapped devices. Plus the software can emulate keyboard keystrokes and a host of other functions. That helps give you some pretty universal compatibility if you decide to go with CH controllers. I imagine other quality manufacturers have similiar software, but, it would be a good thing to research.

I have a CH Combatstick 568 and love it, by the way.

If I get a USB flight stick, do I have to buy the rudder pedals from the same manufacturer?

Probably a good idea.

Last edited:
Back