I just got my Dell 2007 WFP Ultrasharp. Nice looking monitor and all that except...
... I notice some flicker on the screen. :-(
Some notes - my work laptop is connected to it via a VGA cable (on board video card has no support for DVI). Also, the flickering goes away when I unplug the AC power cord from the laptop. Adjusting the settings doesn't work. So the flickering appears to be related to the power cord. But..
... is the monitor defective? Should the monitor do a better job of shielding itself from any interference? What can I do to eliminate it? Would a UPS provide a 'cleaner' electrical signal? Or should I just buy a Mac and hook it up to the monitor instead :-P
LCD Newbie
... I notice some flicker on the screen. :-(
Some notes - my work laptop is connected to it via a VGA cable (on board video card has no support for DVI). Also, the flickering goes away when I unplug the AC power cord from the laptop. Adjusting the settings doesn't work. So the flickering appears to be related to the power cord. But..
... is the monitor defective? Should the monitor do a better job of shielding itself from any interference? What can I do to eliminate it? Would a UPS provide a 'cleaner' electrical signal? Or should I just buy a Mac and hook it up to the monitor instead :-P
LCD Newbie