Flexible LEDs for Implanting Under the Skin

HardOCP News

[H] News
Researchers in China have developed a flexible ultra-thin sheets of LEDs to implant under the skin for medical monitoring. And you guys though modding LEDs into computers was cool, wait until you have a LED readout on your forehead.

Researchers in China have developed a flexible ultra-thin sheets of LEDs to implant under the skin for medical monitoring. And you guys though modding LEDs into computers was cool, wait until you have a LED readout on your forehead.

and age tracking, when they hit 30 years old is turns red and they retire them to graveyard. :cool:

damn - there goes my patent. better come up with a way to interface it to the iphone before crapple does

why are the traces all squiggly and not just straight lines?

and age tracking, when they hit 30 years old is turns red and they retire them to graveyard. :cool:

30!?
What reality are you living in?
The way things are going I won't (and many others) retire until I'm 80!

Anyway the body modding brigade will be all over this.

Damn, I was ready with a Logan's Run reference. Trivia fact: The original age in the book was 21, not 30 like the film and tv show.

I know...I just know it's a matter of time before we see someone's pic with a huge [H] implanted under their chest! :cool:

why are the traces all squiggly and not just straight lines?

Probably so the LED matrix can be flexible and move with your skin...

Hope they use RoHS solder on them. ;)

Someday we'll have to jack-in matrix style to charge a battery to run all of our bio-implants.

wait until you have a LED readout on your forehead.

"And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads" - Rev 13:16

Yes, I went there. :eek:

Now they just need to harness bodily energy to keep it running permanently without re-tearing open the skin to put in a battery. Maybe burn glucose from the bloodstream? Then the cops will be able to chase you better for two reasons... you're slower and you're easier to follow.

I would LOL [H]ard if I saw a woman with LED's implanted in her forward stating "I'm with stupid ==>" and her husband is standing right next to her. :p :D

how about under the tip of the nose, like rudolph?!

Damn, I was ready with a Logan's Run reference. Trivia fact: The original age in the book was 21, not 30 like the film and tv show.

I don't remember much from the movie. when i was 6 they looked old. :D

Back