Flawless Eyefinity Support in Assassin's Creed 2.

Finkus

Gawd
I hadn't heard much about this game as most threads get crapped on by Ubisoft DRM drama. Anyway, I bought it today at retail (as it's been missing from the UK Steam store).

It has flawless Eyefinity support, in case people were wondering.

It runs very smoothly as well. A 5970 was pushing a good 60fps+ at 6048x1080 (Three 1080p screens plus bezel correction) with everything on max settings and AA at x2.

I was really impressed with how slick they made the transitions between single screen cutscene, to full three screen gaming environment. There are also additional effects on the side screens when you're in the main menus and database. There's no info on the side screens but there is funky Animus animation which isn't present on the centre screen, so they have clearly added this just for Eyefinity setups.

Really impressed. This is up there with Dirt2 and Bad Company 2 for flawless, out of the box Eyefinity. I didn't even need to set any resolutions, it just used my native desktop resolution and scaled the UI perfectly into the centre screen. In fact I think this game, more than any other, has gone out of its way to give the best Eyefinity experience so far. Highly recommended.

Looks very awesome. I played this on my 360, this game is so amazing.
Also
Ezio is a such a bad ass

Last edited:
AC2 looks GORGEOUS. That game might make it worth buying the 3rd screen + monitor arm. LOL.

It does have official Eyefinity support. I would have bought it in a heartbeat if it wasn't for the DRM. If it goes on sale on Steam I'll reconsider buying it, but full price with its DRM? No thanks.

Back