flashlighting/banding on HDTV

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
Short story , i bought an LG 47CS570 for cheap at costco. Its an LCD panel with basic features. I had severe banding issues with it , to the point i was distracted by it when the image was ''panning''. I exchanged it for another , same problem. So I decided to invest a little bit more to get a better panel. I went for a Samsung UN46ES6100 wich is an edge lit LED screen. Great color and feature for the price, but last night i noticed four 6 inches white spot when the image is dark (seems like the effect is called flashlighting or clouding). Im now considering returning it AGAIN.

Now I dont know what to do really. I dont wish to invest more than what i paid already , and i cant go the way of plasma, too much sunlight.

Am I unlucky , or just too sensitive to screen issues?

I remember Sharp was notorious for banding a few years back. Experienced it myself when I tried out a 32" gaming model from them back then. The bars made the dark scenes unbearable. I hadn't heard that LG had this issue...

As to the spots, well...I would probably try again if there isn't a return penalty or such....

I've recently attended a LG press conference and even their 84" 4K LED-LCD had banding. For a TV that costs £18,000, it shouldn't have any issues.

The point is, it's impossible to find LCDs without any flaws. Your best option is to opt for Samsung or Panasonic plasma.

PS: I am banned from Amazon for returning too many LCDs. I can't stand dirty-screen-effect (aka banding) either hence why I opted for Panasonic plasma.

Damn! You could relocating the TV or just have to bite the bullet and get another LCD and hope it works out.

Cant relocate sadly. But the plasma in the basement is th best screen i have bought.

Back