Flashing GA-7DPXDW-P BIOS

fubar569

[H]ard|Gawd
Ok, so i downloaded a specially prepped BIOS that fellow [H]'er JohnAddison made available to us...question is, how do i flash the BIOS? i've never done this before...I do have the AWDFLASH utility as it was in a bundle with the F6 BIOS i downloaded from gigabyte's site...they also have a batch file with thier BIOS's filename and in this file is a command line to run AWDFLASH with the name of thier file and some switches which i have no idea what they do. do i just replace the command line with the name of John's file and include it all on a floppy, boot to prompt and then run the batch file? that would seem logical to me but i don't wanna screw this up. The contents of the batch file are as follows (this is the only command line):

AWDFLASH 7DPXDWP.F6 /cc/cd/cp/py/sn/r

any pointers would be appreciated, as his BIOS also includes mods to the RAID which i am interested in trying...

Yes, that's what I would do. I have the same board. Do you know what else has been done to the BIOS?

i ended up using the in BIOS flash tool...worked like a champ! now the controller supports something like 4 arrays and has more options all of which work. also, he has his own version which had something else done. try to contact him for further info!

And I thought I was crazy pin-modding two 35watt 2400+ mobiles on this board. (I don't have much trust for the Promise RAID controller after reading a lot about how tight it is on FSB specs...)

Any idea if John's BIOS modifications allows for finer FSB control/increments?

if it does you'll have to try to contact him about it. He mentioned something about some extra options he enabled. Personally i was really hoping for vcore in bios or multi adjustments but i doubt they're in there. i have tried to contact him to no avail so far...i've only been able to hit 138fsb so far and it just dawned on me the RAID controller could be holding me back. I'm still impressed with it's functionality though and it's really pretty effortless to setup. after nero is done pissing around here my drives will be backed up and i'll be adding 2 more 120GB drives to this controller and a fresh install of WinXP Pro and we'll see how it does. I'm ordering a round of heany duty chipset cooling for just about everything on the board and maybe that'll push me past 140...if not then at least it'll still look cool...lol...

Back