flashing black screen on BFBC2

Rustic

Limp Gawd
I was wondering if any other people were experiencing their screens flashing to black while playing BFBC2. Doesnt do it all the time but every now and then.

My Specs are

AMD 955 BE CPU
GTX 260 216
4 GB Ram

My screen is a HP 22'' 1680x1050. I think the video quality is on high.

thanks

If they're very quick flashes, I get them too. I figured it was just my 8800GT finally deciding to take a crap.

i was stuck in a flashing loop once, only happened once,

however i keep getting the window downsizing, it flashes back then come back to windowed mode on the desktop, i have to click in the screen to get back in the games, its weird because i swear every time it happens is when im in the middle of doing something.

so does that mean its probably just the game itself and not harware problems? i thought maybe it was my vid card struggling. I also get a weird wave that goes across in the middle of the screen.

I know this thread seems to have died almost a full month ago, however there wasn't any resolution listed. I found this thread via Google when looking to see if anyone else was having the same issue. So to help out others who may also be having these issues I thought I would add to the conversation.

To start with, in my research, I found that the bugs in question apply to both Nvidia and ATI/AMD cards equally. The issues are not the result of your hardware overheating so you can breathe a sigh of relief like I did when I finally found the resolution.

The two issues mentioned, flickering and loss of focus on the game app, are BFBC2 issues. From my research the loss of focus issue (where your game all of a sudden becomes windowed) is caused by Aero with Windows 7 (64-bit confirmed, not sure about 32-bit). Go to basic settings and turn off the slideshow background if you have it enabled. This can serve as a temporary fix for the issue until BFBC2 developers release a patch to fix the faulty coding that should prevent this from happening.

The flickering issue and in some cases, like mine, where the screen will occasionally go from flickering as you move your mouse to completely blacked out minus friend/foe icons, is fixed when you turn off Bloom and HSAO via config file.

It would appear that the developers didn't include Windows 7 64-bit as part of their testing model. These two bugs seem to be directly related to that oversight.

If it helps anyone my specs are as follows: i7 940, GTX 280 SLI, 12 GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit, Latest Nvidia drivers posted on April 13, running all settings at medium with 30 inch monitor.

I have Windows 7 64-bit and have never experienced a flashing black screen (although I did have flickering textures in the beta). I would advise updating your drivers to the newest available (not newest WHQL, but newest beta, especially if they list addressing this issue). I've been keeping up-to-date with my drivers and haven't had any anomalies or issues with BC2 since its launch. The last issue was the long loading times, which have also been fixed by drivers.

Put me in the "oh noes hope my video card isn't dying club!" :)

I get em. It might go crazy and do it a bunch of times in a short span when I'm dead. SOmetimes when I'm playing it happens but thankfully it's just single "blip." Doesn't effect my game. There were notes about flashing in the patch notes, but I still get this.

Back