Flashing BIOS does not complete

gamz247

Gawd
I tried updating the BIOS on my friend's brother's Asus P4G800-V motherboard today, from the default 1003 (I think) to version 1008, doing exactly what the Readme told me to: boot into DOS, run the executable program.

Things looked good at first, but went downhill quickly. After loading the file, it began erasing the current BIOS. After seemingly erasing the BIOS, it wrote the new one. However, when it tried to verify the new BIOS, it failed at 87%. When I restarted the computer, it gave me a CMOS error, but after pressing F2 to load defaults, the computer seemed to boot ok. I looked at the BIOS later on, and things seemed to be all right, but I am worried that it might not really be working correctly.

I'm thinking of trying to flash to a previous BIOS version, like 1007 or something, but if that doesn't work either, what would be my next course of action? RMA? Would clearing the CMOS make any difference?

You could trying flashing it back to what it was originally. No need for RMA'ing it unless you have serious problems like the computer not booting or working properly.

if it booted into windows ok then u have no problems. all bios functions usually need a little tweaking when u flash them because of the changes made in the bios programming. especially since it looks like u jumped 5 revisions. just enter the bios and check to see if u like all of the settings and change what u don't like.

Back