Flash suddenly slowing down computer

pc1x1

[H]ard|Gawd
Flash has been working perfectly for days, but whatever reason now its suddenly slowing my computer down horribly.

I am on a Core 2 Quad, Windows 7 Ultimate, 4 gigs of ram, etc. Its not the computer, everything works perfectly, just load a flash movie or two, and it becomes unresponsive, and firefox hits 200k+ on memory, seems like a memory leak, and problems with Flash 10. I updated flash, and cleared all Firefox Cache, problem persists.

Anyone have any ideas?

After further investigation,

This issue also happens in IE.

it seems my svchost.exe has some sort of memory leak, as it starts at 94k + resources, firefox the moment I try to load something hits 100-200k memory, I uninstalled flash, and reinstalled it, seems to be the same issue.

I don't think its FF or IE, seems to be really flash, though svchost.exe on start up already at close to 100k seems fishy to me. Haven't downloaded anything, and anti virus is up to date, not sure whats up.

As long as I don't load flash, computer works fine, even with svchost.exe at 100k, load up flash, then its game over.

Tested this on my Pentium 4 Laptop, can load both movies fine, and is using the same flash version as my desktop. This is either a Windows 7 issue or something, just started right now :(

Last edited:
Back