Flaming! Crucial Ballistix 2GB kit DDR2-800

damn! if I didnt just lay down so much on a laptop, i'd be all over this :(

annaconda said:
Well it is kind off Expensive. Isn't it?

Not for DDR2-800. And not for Ballistix. Best performance DIMMs I've ever clapped into a rig.

Corsair XMS, for example, runs $250-$300.

Thank you very much OP. I was just about to order a more generic brand from NewEgg as I am putting together a new machine and this memory will be oh so nice in my new system.

Can't wait.

250 is low end for QUALITY OC memory 800mhz. Ballistix r NEVER in the lower end when it comes to price.

200 after rebate?!?!?? I'm thinking of buying more!!! Hope it's not a typo.

The only Ballisitix that are very cheap are the 2 x 512 ddr 400. Those are teh best, imo, for the $.

No prob Elocin. Enjoy!

i want... i want i want... haha. umm but i cant have. i want all cheap ram... i'd probably end up with like 10 gigs of ram for one computer if i didnt stave myself off from jumping on deals. ;p

MC FLMJIG said:
250 is low end for QUALITY OC memory 800mhz. Ballistix r NEVER in the lower end when it comes to price.
no kidding. for reference, newegg had these ballistix at around $400 just a month or two ago

and they overclock well ;)

According to the reviews I read these don't overclock well at all.

Jared

MaStA819 said:
According to the reviews I read these don't overclock well at all.

Jared

pcstats said:
In the end the set of Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 memory maxed out at a speed of 260 MHz (1040 MHz memory frequency) with low latency timings of 4-4-4-12 and a supplied memory voltage of 2.2V. Any settings higher than this resulted in random BSOD's while running evaluation benchmarks.

Since this is DDR2 memory, PCSTATS also tested high the memory would overclock with really loose 5-5-5-15 timings. For this, 2.2V was supplied and the Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 was pushed to the socket AM2 Foxconn C51XEM2AA motherboard's top speed of 276 MHz (1104 MHz memory frequency).

neoseeker said:
and we get a taste of the overclocked results from the PC6400 memory - your eyes are not deceiving you, the memory was able to run at PC8568 speeds at 5-5-5-15!

eclipseoc said:
vvtir1.png

vvtnw7.png

I think they're pretty good :p

Alex41290 said:
I think they're pretty good :p

Is that the voltage at the bottom? Also, can you provide a link to where those graphs came from please?

Thanks,
Jared

MaStA819 said:
Is that the voltage at the bottom? Also, can you provide a link to where those graphs came from please?

Thanks,
Jared
Our very own (cf)Eclipse's website, actually. Here is his review of the sticks.

I just ordered 2GB set of Patriot memory. I would of much rather had these...grr

Jared

I don't know if this is soem typo or something is very crazy but... I would swallow these up quick. Personally I just think the Cruacial saw all the press the G.Skill and other Fats that they decided to give a quick price drop, I'm sure it will be VERY temporary.

And No problem ;)

This seems like a great deal, but i'm still not an expert in memory and I plan on buying a C2D system from Dell, which basically means no overclocking and no cool stuff. Does buying 533 vs. 667 vs. 800 vs. 1066 RAM really matter? Espcially in a Dell? Their bios is very limited and you can't even set the speed or voltage. You just plug it in and hope it shows up what you payed for. Any input would be great.

ForBuilding said:
This seems like a great deal, but i'm still not an expert in memory and I plan on buying a C2D system from Dell, which basically means no overclocking and no cool stuff. Does buying 533 vs. 667 vs. 800 vs. 1066 RAM really matter? Espcially in a Dell? Their bios is very limited and you can't even set the speed or voltage. You just plug it in and hope it shows up what you payed for. Any input would be great.

Just buy the 533 and start coming to grips with the fact that you'll never be [H] with your Dell.

psychot|K said:
Just buy the 533 and start coming to grips with the fact that you'll never be [H] with your Dell.

On the other hand you could start with this ram, sell the Dell, and become [H]...next on [H]ardwood stories...

why did I have to check this right before schoo?!?!?!

ARG

This seems like a killer deal... Would it be good to OC the crap out of a conroe system?

eh... i just dont have the cash to lay down for a mobo, cpu, ram and vid card yet

RooK said:
Would it be good to OC the crap out of a conroe system?

eh... i just dont have the cash to lay down for a mobo, cpu, ram and vid card yet

6ba5b25b.gif
RAMEN NOODLE! RAMEN NOODLE!
6ba5b25b.gif

Was following a FedEX truck on my way home and saw that he was turning down my street. I got excited and hoped it was going to stop at my house. Well it turned again when I went straight and I was crestfallen. Then as I pull into my driveway/garage I see him come around another corner and stop behind me.

Sweetness I now have some brand new memory and cant wait to install it. Which means I need to get up off my ass and order my new ASUS Crosshair MB and a new 7900 GS Video Card (possibly 2) so I can have a new gaming mahcine up and running before the lan party my friends and I are having next month.

So very happy.

I'm very tempted to jump on this myself. I'm planning a Conroe system, and would only need the proc and mobo after this.

UPDATE: Got approval from the wife (since she gets any of my older computer parts) so I bit.

Are these on par with the Gskill, Corsair, and Patriot when it comes to overclocking on a Conroe boxen?

will these work with the system in my sig? the 6100 - 939 MB states it supports ddr2 - 400 ?

Looks nice, can any one using it with MSI 975X Powerup Edition Motherboard.

Very nice...mine should be here early next week. Now I just need to find a good Intel or Abit board that will let me run my P4 540 for now, until I get an E6400.

Ordered mine this morning... (Guess its the anniversary gift from the wife) :eek:) Too higher SPEED we go... :eek:P

oh jeez... i wish i had these instead of my ocz plats. dangit. i've always wanted ballistix, but never were in my price range... til now. yarrgh.

Back