Flaming? 32" Sharp CRT TV $132.80

Not bad but shipping is simply rape on this. I remember when I had my old Sony 19" G400 Monitor delivered from Canada. That wasn't bad but a 32" tube...goodness! Is there any way to pick this up from a local Fry's?

I realize it's a Television and weighs over 100 pounds but I still hate paying that much for shipping....

Shipping : $119.71

QM

I wonder if Fry's has it for the same price, that is only a 20 minute drive for me.

One of the reviews said it takes 5 seconds to change channels.

I was ready to jump on it too, but the 100 for shipping makes my spleen hurt.

Apallohadas said:
One of the reviews said it takes 5 seconds to change channels.

I was ready to jump on it too, but the 100 for shipping makes my spleen hurt.

Lol, Ive seen old TVs that take ages to change the channels. They make baby jesus laugh.

LiquidX said:
Outpost has a 32" Sharp for $132.80 which comes to about $246 shipped if you dont live in a taxed area, which is still good. This is great for my sister and her new place so I orderd one but I'am still trying to find whats wrong with it because the lowest I see it priced for is $299. Anyone has a Sharp?

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4055322?site=sa:Homepage:Spot3

I bought that same TV not long ago for $225, its a great TV. And even if there is a lot of shipping, its still a 32 inch TV for $250 or so. Not a bad deal at all. And no, it doesnt take 5 seconds to change the channel.

I know $250.00 is a steal, but it is old technology. Wait another year or two and get a good HDTV for close to that.

Unless you need a new TV right now, I would say wait for new technology to come down in price, once it is produced for the masses.

damn....I really need a new TV fast and this $132 TV would be perfect. My current TV makes a very high pitched whine every once in a while that gets really annoying. I either have to turn the volume up loud to drown it out, or just wait a few minutes before it goes away. I guess that is what I get having a 9 year old TV.

Hey folks..first post but long time reader.

I have this TV. I bought it about a year ago and just recently started noticing the high-pitched whining some of the other posters are talking about. It only happens when I first turn it on and only lasts for about 10-15 minutes. Or at least thats when I stop noticing it. The TV itself is great for the price! Good picture quality, nice remote. Sharp still makes a descent CRT for the money.

My 2 cents..

ezbleeder said:
Hey folks..first post but long time reader.

I have this TV. I bought it about a year ago and just recently started noticing the high-pitched whining some of the other posters are talking about. It only happens when I first turn it on and only lasts for about 10-15 minutes. Or at least thats when I stop noticing it. The TV itself is great for the price! Good picture quality, nice remote. Sharp still makes a descent CRT for the money.

My 2 cents..

I worked in a TV shop for a summer, the whining noise seemed to be a very common problem in alot of TVs... the thing that was making the noise (the Flyback or somthing along those lines?) plays a big role with power in the TV. I havent seen the inside of a TV for years so... Im not sure if thats what it called.

Back