• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Fixing focus on CRT (IBM P260)

kleptophobiac

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Sep 24, 2001
Messages
7,839
I have two P260's. One of them has perfect focus, the other doesn't. The one that doesn't is just a little bit off all the time, and I think that a simple pot adjustment could fix it. Does anybody know where the focus pot is, and if it is available without opening the monitor?

Also, does anybody have a service manual (or even a user's manual) for one of these?
 
Good find... I searched for that but didn't manage to find it. I suck.

Also, I figured out the problem isn't with the monitor, but with the cable. It focuses great at lower resolutions, but at 1600x1200 things got a little fuzzy. I plugged in a different cable and plugged it into another computer, and it looks peachy. So... I guess the issue is either my laptop's output or the cable. I'll figure that out shortly.

Finally, it gets fuzzier through the port replicator on my laptop, so I assume that the port replicator isn't up to the task of sending a 1600x1200 signal. It remains to be seen if the port directly on the laptop is.
 
Back
Top