Fixing ATI/Viewsonic

Enduring_Warrior

[H]ard|Gawd
Using ATis Hydravision on an PowerColor 9250 for DUAL VGA connection

Hello there HARDFOLDERs:

I have a setup of 2 Viewsonic V702b connected thru 2 VGA Analog ports 1 directly to the 9250 card and the other thru a dvi/vga adaptor. The one connected thru the DVI/VGA adaptor looks blury, The user says someone else fixed it using the ATI hydravision drivers, somethin about Horizontal/Vertical Syncronization. I tried Everything but didnt managed to fix it. It isnt a monitor prob cause I inverted the cables connection and the same happened, so it seems like is the adaptor. BTW this monitors DO NOT have DVI connection :(

THX in advance. :confused:

Well its been 1 day already and no 1 has answered could you try sendin' me a link to somewhere else I can find info, thx.

try a different DVI-VGA adapter?
can you test the DVI outlet with a DVI accepting monitor?

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=45&num=3

"Due to the card’s decreased width, the VGA connector isn’t directly soldered onto the graphics card’s PCB but rather connected to the card via a small ribbon cable. In the past, we have experienced some issues with VGA ribbon cables and crosstalk – magnetic and capacitive interference between two or more parallel electrical paths. In our past cases, we have seen shadows on the screen and a decrease in output quality. However, crosstalk generally only occurs if the circuits and cables aren’t of high quality. "

(GG google)

May not be a bug, but a FEATURE :)

Back